Thursday, February 21, 2013

Saw It! Pinned! Did It!

Hey Everybody!

I am linked up as usual with Katie at Keep Calm and Carry On and Stephanie at Beautiful Mess. If by some crazy chance you haven't checked out these ladies blogs, do it, now! They rock!

I have been so lucky to have had a beautiful wedding shower and two amazing baby showers as a result I have boxes full of cards! I had a hard time finding something constructive to do with them, but refused to throw them away. Then I came across this on Pinterest!


So I went to work!

First I organized all my cards, finding the largest one.

I then cut a cover and backer using the largest card as a template. I made the cover about a half an inch larger than the card.

Then I used some scrap booking stickers to decorate the cover.

I added a layer of Mod Podge to protect the cover.

Then a put a hole punch in the corner of each card.

I added each card as I went, this made the process a lot easier!

HERE IT IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT!





I think it turned out great, now I just have to get to work on my Wedding and Christmas cards!

Happy Thursday!
xoxo
Katie








9 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I need to find a way to organize all our Christmas cards from this year and this would be a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower! Come check out our giveaway and link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a precious idea!! i definitely want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to do this with my bridal shower and soon-to-be wedding cards. Yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing and I need to do this project too! I keep every single card I am ever given. Are you planning to display this or did you just want to have something to organize your cards pretty for storage? Just curious :) It's super cute, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is beautiful! I love this project too!! It looks really nice. I'm on my phone right now, but I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing idea!! I have so many wedding/shower/birthday cards that I'd love to organize.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    -Sheree
    The Hartungs Blog
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete