I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Jen @ Team Bowen! To know that people are reading your blog, let alone would nominate you for an award and spread the word about your little piece of the world is beyond flattering. Thank you Jen!!!!
Now I know that the Liebster is no Oscar but this is how this girl is feeling today...
The Liebster award is basically a way to network and recognize new and upcoming bloggers with under 200 viewers!
So here are the rules
Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked you
Give 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer
What is something you have learned recently? In the last almost nine months I can say I have learned a lot. I learned that babies can function on very little sleep, mommies have a harder time with this. I learned that being a parent is harder than I could have ever imagined, and more fulfilling than I could ever have dreamed. I've learned that babies don't vomit in toilets or buckets...think about that one for a minute...I learned that I total picked the right guy, from making out in front out in front of a bar...totally sober...to Journey in the background (I will change our first kiss story for our children) to being that Dad and Husband that one other Moms are jealous of, who wants to be here, wants to help and generally keeps his male stupidity to a minimum!
What is in your fridge right now? Not much, I do our full shop on Sundays. But our staples are proteins (chicken,pork etc...) some kind of avocado product, string cheese, yogurts and mini raviolis (Patrick's new fav)
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I would love to travel to Ireland and research my family history more. My irish heritage is so much a part of who I am I would love to stand on the same earth my ancestors stood on!
What is one article of clothing or accessory you are currently wanting? I have been crushing on the rose gold Ray Bans and the monogram pullover from Marley Lilly (couldn't decide)
What is one thing you have pinned that you are wanting to create? A gallery wall for our living room, hallway and PJF's room. I have been collecting things, art and frames for months. I am hoping it is finished before Summer
What time do you typically wake up in the morning? Me and little man are up by 7am everyday!
Coffee or Tea? This is a tough one, I love both but I have to go coffee if I could I would inject it by IV!
Who is your favorite Disney princess? Now this is a hard one, I am a self admitted Disney Freak. My favorite is technically not a princess but I love Tinker Bell. She has been my favorite as long as I can remember. She is funny, witty and slightly a brat, I can relate. But as far as princesses go I have to stay classic and go Cinderella, simply for the shoes and the castle. I also love Rapunzel from Tangled by far the most bad ass princess.
What is the best book you've read recently? I just finished Beautiful Creatures which was great. Also I read What Remains by Carole Radziwill (the NYC housewife) which a couldn't recommend more! It was heart wrenching but also inspiring. It was a great read and who doesn't love anything that has to do with the Kenndey's?!
What is your biggest pet peeve? People that are late, mean spirited gossiping, mismatched socks, people biting on silverware while they eat, how people walk in NYC (keep your head down, yes I know the skyscrapers are tall!) Thats more than one...
Tell us about your most recent dream (appropriate...) I often have dreams that involve water, tidal waves, boats crashing, people drowning...wonder what my rent a friend (ie therapist) would think of that one....
Random Fact about Me!
- I lived on slurpees and soft pretzels during the first two trimester of my pregnancy and shockingly lost weight!
- I was hit by a car when I was eight, then at the hospital was diagnosed with a tumor in my knee, which turned out to be my knee cap...awesome doctor!
- I was in Kappa Kappa Gamma in college.
- I have always wanted four children, two girls and two boys.
- My favorite holiday is St.Patrick's Day...and a large part of why we named Patrick, Patrick!
- I grew up in the same town I live in now, Patrick will be going to all the same schools I did!
- I secretly wish I had studied graphic design, I would love to design wedding invitations and party paper for my next career
- My husband and I met through our two best friends, they dated for about a month our junior year of high school...we went to school in the towns next to each other.
- My husband and I both lost our mothers at young ages, I think it is a big part of why we understand each other so well
- I love theme parties and wish all my friends did more!
- I was a complete musical theatre nerd in growing up and eventually the president of our high school's drama club, I was also was a cheerleader and ran track...and I had a blast doing all of it. Oh to be young again!
Bloggers I nominate
Here are my 11 questions...
How many siblings do you have?
What is your all time favorite television show?
Where is the best place you have ever vacationed?
What is your favorite room in your house?
What are your three must have beauty products?
How did (if you have children) pick their names, or what are your favorite baby names?
What is something that you have overcome this year?
What are you favorite places to shop?
Where would you like to live if you ever had to move?
What advice would you give your sixteen year old self?
Why do you blog?
Happy Friday Everyone!
We have a busy weekend, my best friends engagement party and family brunch in NYC Sunday. I will be back with a big recap! Happy weekend!!!!